An entertainment French Group has decided to expand in Brazil through a partnership (via a Joint Venture company) with a local player.
Following the signature of the partnership, the client’s International Director mandated XPM to assist in the creation and operational start-up of the joint venture with the following objectives:
- Implementation of a fully established operational company, including all the legal, marketing (brand names, logos, .…), operational (personnel, systems, equipment, …) and financial aspects.
- Management of the NewCo until the “cruising speed” stage.
- Handover, coaching and follow-up on goals.
To achieve these objectives, X-PM put in place – via its Wil Group partner Thomson Management Horizons – a Franco-Brazilian Transition CEO whose major challenge was to deliver the milestones of the business plan that the client had prepared for the new venture.
In that context, the transition manager:
- In a first step, he took ownership of the existing business plan and set up a detailed Action Plan of all the elements to be implemented. He, then, successfully rolled out the defined Action plan, working closely with the Client and with the local partner.
- In a second step, he took over the operational management of the NewCo – with the support of the management team which had been put in place – to transition the JV from a start-up phase to a fully operating company (development of the economic business model, development of the marketing and commercial plan, …)
- The last step – following after one year, the full implementation of the JV – was designed to smooth the transition to the new management team by preparing and having approved the budget for the next year along with the management KPI’s.
The mission was successfully conducted in 18 months.
At the end of the mission, the transition manager was recruited by the client as CEO of the JV.